Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Class of 2023!?!?!?

I can hardly believe that my little baby "graduated" from kindergarten last night.  It seems completely impossible and makes me wonder how the heck he's getting older but I'm not.

But this is not about me.

This is about him.


This is about the fact that he is going to be in FIRST GRADE!  I'm so proud of him.  I'm so happy.  And I love him so much.  He seemed so grown up to me last night.  He was sweet and cute when he was singing his little songs.  And then he did this...

He seems like he is ready to go off to college any minute.

 I've been doing really good lately, not wanting more kids. Not wanting to have another little baby.

Then I see this.

And this.
 And I'm just blown away by my sweet baby who isn't a baby.  How did he get to be 6?  How does that happen so fast?  How can I have more kids and not go crazy?  That's what worries me the most.  Not the money.  Not the space.  Not the lack of sleep.  It's that all that leads to being crazy.  I don't want to be crazy.

So I've decided I'm just going to soak up every last second I can.  I'm going to just enjoy, as best I can, every moment.

Because it won't be long and we'll all be here...

He looks 6 years old and 18 years old all at the same time to me.

Makes me all teary.  All I can really say is that I love him.  I see this picture and then I see in my own mind, him running around in his Batman underwear.  He is mine.  Sorry, I can't share.



No comments:

Post a Comment