Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Posting A Day Late

Tuesday was National Pretzel Day.  I did not know this until I checked another blog I follow.  This blog is also where I found a fabulous soft pretzel recipe.

I didn't get around to doing this post until Wednesday, but in honor of National Pretzel Day

and because I had given all my soft pretzels to my dad when I visited him over Spring Break, this is what I did yesterday...


Mmmmmmm.....  This was the last batch and was sprinkled with salt (I do half salt and half cinnamon-sugar).  I know this was the salt batch because I finally broke down and had one!  Soooooooooooo delicious.  I really make these for my older son.  He takes them to school for snack.  I try not to eat too many of them since the carbs have lots o' calories.  But I couldn't resist and it was soooooooooooooooo worth it.  DELICIOUS.

I also love that they freeze well (since that keeps me from eating them).  And then they thaw in time for my son's snack at school!  Win, win, win!

If you haven't tried making pretzels you should TOTALLY do it!  Worth the time.

Sorry if you missed out on National  Pretzel Day.  Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment