Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taking the plunge on Kieron's Birthday

This blog is for me as I have decided to take the time to create a "journal" of sorts.  I have found through reading other blogs that I like the idea of having a journal of what is going on in my life and the life of my family.  I have tried traditional journals where you write stuff down and your hand cramps up... not for me.  So after surfing the internet and reading lots of blogs I am starting my own.

Today is Kieron's 6th birthday!  I can't believe my baby is 6!  How did that happen?  How is it possible that he is 6?  It seems like he will be going to college tomorrow.  The funny thing is that he told me today that he "didn't feel bigger."  Like he expected to go to bed last night and wake up this morning and be instantly taller?  It is so cute how kids see the world.

I have decided I deserve the mom of the year award today also... he had DONUTS for his birthday breakfast.  Yes, donutS.  As in plural.  As in we drove to the donut shop and he picked 2 and ate them both.  I'm so awesome.  I'm sure the sugar and fat really helped him have a productive day at school.  And we plan to follow it all up with a trip to McDonalds for dinner.  Yum.  More fat and sugar!  He isn't known for being my healthy eater anyway.  Pretty sure he could subsist on chicken nuggets and oreos.  He would drink milk all the time though - doesn't like soda (as shocking as that sounds).
So Happy Birthday Kieron!  May you grow up to not have food issues with sugar (good luck).  But mostly, may you grow up to be happy and successful!  Love you a million-bo-billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment