Monday, January 31, 2011

I Don't Hate Mondays

I've noticed one amazing thing since I quit my job at the end of last school year.

I don't hate Mondays anymore.

I used to think Mondays were the day from hell.  I used to DRAG my body out of bed and feel icky and miserable.  I used to barely make it through the day and then come home and have to take a nap on the couch because I was so tired.  I used to feel so worn out and that I was doing a huge disservice to my children, my husband, and my job.

Now, I wake on Mondays and don't feel automatically pissed at the world.

I wake up excited about going to volunteer in my child's classroom.  I wake up and happily make my child's lunch.  I enjoy coming home with my little guy and making his lunch and doing homework with him.  We read books and play games.  Sometimes we go to the park when it is a beautiful day like today.  I look forward to my older child coming home from school on the bus and greet him excitedly.  I get snacks, help with more homework and make dinner.  Then the kids go to bed and I don't feel like I'm about to DIE.  I still have energy!

I love this new "job" of being a stay-at-home mom.  Thank you so much to The Bread Winner.  I am happy to support you and so thankful to have this opportunity to enjoy my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment