Wednesday, February 2, 2011

100 Days

Happy 100th Day of School!

First let me say that I can't recall ever having a 100th day of school party when I was in school.  Must be "one of them new-fangled things!"

My little guy was so excited about the 100th day of school.  It was very cute.  He got the cool T-shirt in the picture above.  They did all kinds of fun 100 day activities... 100 stickers on the number 100, 100 cheerios to make a necklace, 100 snacks (10 groups of 10 things), playing games on a 100 chart, a pair of 100 glasses... the list goes on!

So in honor of the 100th day of school... I brought my guy and his two playmates home for the afternoon.  After they ate lunch (no I didn't give them 100 chicken nuggets - that would just be insane!), I had them go outside and make a pile of 100 rocks!  They did a good job and were very cute as they were running around collecting and counting rocks.  I should have taken a picture of the rock pile.  It was very under-whelming.  I really thought it would be bigger, but it wasn't.  I also thought it would take longer to do, but it didn't.

Anyway, they made their rock pile and then proceeded to climb trees and jump on the trampoline and swing on the swings.  It was a wonderful afternoon and I just love that I get to stay home and be a part of it all!  Happy 100th Day of School to me!

1 comment:

  1. Those "this will keep them busy" activities always take less time than I imagine!

    ReplyDelete